1. The Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board has revised its Bulk Collection Schedule. Please refer to our Bulk Collection Schedule and Regulation pages on this website for the revisions.
Also please note the following items will Not be taken as part of Bulk Collection:
2. Please be advised that due to COVID-19 and the practicing of social distancing the Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board will be implementing the following changes effective immediately:
The Board has also taken other internal measures to help combat COVID-19 and to insure that we continue to provide the necessary service of waste management in our region.
Sorry for any inconvenience these changes may cause.
The following is an important announcement from the Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board on the Placement of Carts:
The Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board requires residents and businesses using curbside collection to place rolling carts at curbside, with the handles facing the dwelling, and the opening facing the road. This positioning is required in order to best facilitate automated collection, and to avoid collection operators from having to handle waste or carts directly. Please assist us in this regard for the safety of everyone, as we continue to provide essential collection services during the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to avoid spread of the virus, only carts that are placed in this way will be collected.
1. This is an important message from the Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board.
On July 1, 2019 the Burin Peninsula Regional Services Board implemented a mandatory Roll-out Cart policy.
We now would like to advise you that effective December 1, 2019, our waste collector will only collect waste that is placed in an approved roll-out cart. Garbage bags not placed in a cart or placed by the side of the cart will not be collected and it will be the responsibility of the homeowner to bring the waste left behind to our waste site for disposal.
We thank you for your cooperation as we implement this policy; again we remind you that the hard deadline for enforcement is December 01, 2019.
2. Please note Residents are reminded that our Site is closed on Mondays.
3. The Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board is working to develop a residential email listing for the distribution of notices pertaining to waste management services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your information added to the listing.
Please be advised the Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board Office has moved to their NEW permanent location. It is at the Landfill site North of Jean de Baie on Route 210 on the Burin
Sorry for any inconvenience this move may have caused.
Please note there are no set hours for curbside waste collection, and specific collection times may vary from week to week. In order to ensure that waste is collected as scheduled, it should be placed at the curbside by 8:00 a.m. on the set day for collection.
In order to ensure that the most up-to-date version of this page appears on your computer, please refresh your browser