The Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board is a not-for-profit organization formed in 2013 to develop and implement a regional waste
management system on the Burin Peninsula. The organization is currently seeking a Scale Attendant.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Scale Attendant will be involved in several facets of daily operations, with particular emphasis
on operating the weigh scales, ensuring that each vehicle is properly weighed and charged for the material they deliver. This position also diverts vehicles to the appropriate site area and performs
clerical and administrative work in support of the operations.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to customers.
- Ensure trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights.
- Enter load information and customer/truck information into computer and operate computerized truck scale
to determine weight of load.
- Instruct drivers to the appropriate off loading area.
- Redirect loads based upon load contents; specifically, do not accept loads containing hazardous or
unauthorized waste, or other materials not in compliance with regulations for dumping at the facility.
- Operate computer to perform routine data entry into a computer, make accurate basic mathematical
calculations and accurately post and keep legible records.
- File weight tickets for each load, record and secure cash receipts, and maintain records of all
incoming/outgoing loads that cross the scales.
- Answer incoming calls; respond to public’s questions.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required by the Board.
- 1 Year Diploma in Office Administration, or related field, 1 -2 years of related experience;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Knowledge of typical business application software, Microsoft office experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of solid waste management industry an asset.
- Code of Conduct required
Applications should be submitted to:
Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board ∙ P.O. Box 510 ∙ Burin Bay Arm, NL ∙ A0E 1G0
Facsimile: (709) 891-1727
For more information regarding the Burin Peninsula Regional Service Board, please visit our website at
Deadline for applications is January 27, 2023